Go Back   adrastea Forum > English Forum > Championship Soccer

Old 18.01.2007, 19:10
Erfahrener Benutzer

We wait news about AOCS II!!!!
Old 19.01.2007, 15:38
Benutzer

As much as i love aocs and like andreas,
i have to say it yet again:
The information politics of this project is a bad joke...

We gave you several easy ideas on how you could make us atleast know if you're still alive (devblog, updated info-area), and you did nothing.

Even if there is nothing happening in the actual progress, POST SOMETHING!

This way we will all miss out when (or should i allready say if?) aocs2 comes out, because it's of no use at all to look into here.

I know, i know, i just got my half-yearly venting again on you,
but it's all for the good of your project
(If it still exists, we can't tell that because, you know, you don't post in here).

I still love you though.
Old 24.01.2007, 12:47
Erfahrener Benutzer

....andreas.....
Old 25.01.2007, 11:32
Neuer Benutzer

rl-comedy...
Old 25.01.2007, 15:19
Erfahrener Benutzer

maybe it's really dead..
Old 25.01.2007, 15:44
Neuer Benutzer

Any news?
Old 27.01.2007, 16:40
Neuer Benutzer

where is andreas?
Old 13.02.2007, 23:07
Erfahrener Benutzer

Default ....

A N D R E A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A A S ! ! ! ! ! ! !
Old 24.02.2007, 13:41
Administrator

Hello,

I'm currently very busy with my diploma thesis at the University. There is a fix deadline for it so I unfortunately do not have much time to care about the Championship Soccer project until April.

But you were asking about the latest news:

I have been working on a new artificial intelligence tactics simulation which handles man-for-man marking and zonal marking and improves the total intelligence of the computer players in tactics and decisions. This tactic simulation will become a base for the new soccer game.

Then there is now a new graphical user interface which improves the menu graphics, layout and feeling. Also the menus will be re-structured for an easier use and more professional look.

The game-play of the final version is still cloudy. But it is very likely that it will include some minor ai control help like for passing (auto-pass) and heading. The manual control for shooting will remain. There will be no ball-glue anymore, so players with a bad ball control can lose the ball easily. Also players can block other blocks now and cannot run through each other. There will be a kind of ball magnet which improves the feeling of dribbling and will also make it easier to pick up the ball where especially newbies had a lot of trouble with.

Concerning the main goal of the simulation there is no decision yet. You know that in the current Championship Soccer version you can do almost everything, play as player, play as manager, play as player-manager, play as team and as manager. I am not sure yet what should be the main feature of the new game. Possible is that it will be a player career simulation with real depth. But I also know that many people play Championship Soccer because of its flexibility in different game modes.

Some online testing results have been quite interesting: it is possible that there will be an online version of the new CS2. Maybe the online version of the new CS2 will be released before the real CS2 game with the career mode.

For tournaments there is a new round-system which makes it possible to define the tournaments very freely. This tournament system can be also applied to leagues now, so you can create your own league/cup.

Another must is an in-game editor for teams. Also kits will be designable by the user. But this is not finished yet.

As you might know the new game will be rewritten from scratch. But I think it is a wise step for the future. Apart from Windows the game also runs on Linux and Mac OS X Intel and PPC now.

Unfortunately CS1 did not sell as I hoped it would. So the current project is still a spare-time project which needs a lot of spare-time investment. I want the new game to become really professional so I still have ask for patience. I would also thank our small community for your big support so far!

Andreas
Old 24.02.2007, 14:13
Neuer Benutzer

just can't wait it.

online cs2 definitely would be fun.